1. I love comments on our blogs, they are as important as anything I write myself. They add to the knowledge and community that we have here. If you want to comment then you’re more than welcome – whether you feel you are a beginner or an expert – feel free to have you say.
2. Spam will be deleted. Spam filters are in place, which automatically catch much of the automated spam comments. There is a low tolerance for spam and if any slips through the filters it will be delete it immediately.
3. Relevant links in comments are actively encouraged – if you’re leaving a comment on the blogs and want to point to a link of your own or someone else’s site that is relevant to the topic then please feel free to do so. This adds to the conversation and improves the blog.
4. Irrelevant links are not encouraged – if you leave a comment with a link in it that has no relevance to the post you’re commenting on it may be deleted. If you engage in this practice, consider the impact that such an approach has upon your reputation. Build your blog’s profile through genuine interactions and participation in the community here by all means – but spam linking in comments could do more damage to your reputation than it is worth.
5. Signatures in comments are disabled as they will not be relevant to posts and comments of various subject matters.
Consider your comments are in a sense that you are visiting someone else’s home. Comments have the ability to build up our tear down your reputation. They are a permanent record of who you are and what you stand for – so take care – be gracious – make sure they add value (not only to the blog you’re visiting but also to your own online profile).